My God, Strengthen Me (poem)

      In this darkness

      I seek your face

      In this world full of frustration and anger

      I seek your mercy and grace

      How I need your miracle of love

      My Savior and God

      How I need you to be both

       My King and Father

       How I need your light to shine upon 

       This situation

       You are the only one who saves from sin

       Through your Devine revelation

       I am in the muck and mire

       I am trying to get out

       God, my King, Father and Savior,

       Come quickly and help me out

       I made promises I can't keep

       And there are those who hate me without reason

       Don't treat me as the tree that won't bare fruit out of season

       Shine the light of your presence

       Cause the blind to see

        And if I'm to bare stripes

       My God, strengthen me.



Comments

Popular Posts